<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 02, 2004

I read an interesting article on Gorgeous George yesterday while procrastinating on the ethics front. I knew he was a wrestler and all, but I was completely unaware that he started the "I'm going to tear him apart and urinate on his dead body" tradition of taunting the opponent.

I was even more unaware that he acted like a stereotypical gay guy-prancing around limp wristed with flashy feminized clothing, lavender robe, etc. Apparently this really riled up the audience-all those hot under the collar het men got all excited, cheering on Gorgeous George's opponent to rip apart the "fag" (George was married, and this queerness was apparently just a hook to get more wrestling gigs). Thus was born the first bad guy wrestler. The hook worked-while George wasn't a great wrestler, he was in demand to the point that several George impersonators came on the scene.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?