<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 11, 2004

Since moving to the big city I haven't found a good swimming hole, much less a private skinny-dipping spot. In fact, I really haven't been swimming at all since leaving the big northwoods for "urban" Mad Town. About 6 years now. Sweet Jebus! Has it really been that long?

My long hiatus might have something to do with the outbreak of bacteria in the lakes that was reported almost as soon as I moved down. After hearing the grusome details, I decided, nope, none for me thanks. Later the bacteria was traced to the zoo. Apparently they were simply dumping the animal waste directly into the lakes. I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Anywho. I really got into skinny dipping in high school. One night the girls and I went down to a park long after dark for a moonlit swim. I remember one friend was extremely excited and was standing on a rock, starkers, singing the "I'm very very naked" song.

Meanwhile, someone else had stopped by this person's house to find us. Since her mom knew we were going down to the park (but not why) she kindly volunteered to drive her down. Apparantly, her mom found a sheriff crouched in the bushes, and dispatched him post-haste, and then yelled at us all for being so damn exuberant (or something like that-it wasn't my mom, so I didn't feel compelled to listen). Ah. Flaming Youth.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?