<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

On Tuesdays I have to commute home at rush hour. The problem with going to school on the Southwest side and going home to the Southeast side is you have to cross the Willamette river at some point-either the Sellwood bridge or the Ross Island bridge. Both suck ass, Ross Island somewhat less than Sellwood. In fact, if given the choice between crossing Sellwood at rush hour and playing the interactive version of Last Tango in Paris with Karl Rove, I'd have to sit down and think it over, but I digress.

Yesterday, after I had inched my way over the Ross Island bridge and started inching my way up Powell, I saw a political candidate standing on a bridge with some supporters, grinning like a goddamned mechanical ape. My question is this: Who thought this was a good idea? Do you really want to be associated with the misery, frustration and irritation of trying to get home in the shit sucking vomit swelter of rush hour? Really?


Comments:
I have a something of a phobia for bridges...I can usually deal with them, but that Sellwood bridge...holy crap, the thing's a death trap...
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?