<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 04, 2004

I think yesterday's story was probably more funny to me than anything else, so I'm going to try another funny story today. Okay, here goes:

I used to work in property management, mostly dealing with apartments in the less glamorous area of town. Anyhow, one day maintenance went out to someone's house and was fixing a tenant's refrigerator. The tenant, an older woman, called the office that afternoon to let us know that our maintenance guy had left some tools at her apartment. We sent the maintence guy back to her apartment to pick up his tools. He told us when he came back that there were no tools left behind-what had happened was he had pulled out the fridge to work on it, and found three crack pipes. He figured they belonged to the current tenant, so he left them on the counter. They must have belonged to a previous tenant who had forgotten them. In any case, he simply picked up the "tools" and tossed them in the dumpster.

Ok, I'm just not a funny story teller. No talent. Ah well.
Comments:
I think you're an excellent story teller. I found both extremely funny. Thanks.

--B
 
I thought the story was hilarious!

My husband and I also used to be property managers. We were always amazed at the things tenants chose to leave behind when they moved out. A few examples: a single man leaves a drag-queen's wardrobe full of pink sequined gowns behind; the bong with at least 20 hoses sticking out of it, shaped like a giant phallus; the jar of dead cockroaches and photos of aardvarks...literally, hundreds of photos.

Our favorite ever was a metal baseball bat with the words, "The Jessica 'Junkie' Oordway Bitch-Beater" written on it in black magic marker. Ms. Oordway did not live in the building, and we don't know who she was. But we can imagine, lol.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?