<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Today has been one of those days where nothing has gone right. My horoscope should have said, "Everything you do today will be wrong" (it didn't-I checked). If I touched anything, I knocked it over. If I needed a paper, it was missing. If I did research, it was unproductive. I parked perfectly legally and got a parking ticket I'm going to dispute bitterly. And the really super weird event:

I'm taking a moot court this semester. My partner and I decided our goal was to not win and go to regionals. In fact (take that legal writing), we were so single minded in pursuing this goal that we probably did less than any other team there in the way of preparation (15 minutes the day before the competition), practice (one out of three practice rounds completed), and ambition (zero). So the day after the competition when the two winning teams were announced, my partner sent me an email congratulating us on not winning. Pats on the back all around for lazyness.

Ho ho ho-not so fast my little lazypants. Today during our last class, the prof announced that the second place team declined going to regionals, and two teams were tied for the next place. That's right folks-we were one of the teams. We graciously allowed the tying team to do regionals-hell, no way we were going to go when we cared so little about the whole damn thing.

Now I'm going to go string up some Christmas lights. If you see one of those cutesy "Moron dies putting up Christmas lights" news stories, it'll probably be me.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?