<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 03, 2005

I really like this story (courtesy of Odd Todd-his link is on the right):

So when I was like teen or whatever I worked at a summer camp as an archery instructor (That was my best sport when I was growing up. Archery. I could have gone to the junior olympics the whole deal. Cool, right? Ummm….Ok maybe not cool cool but whatever.) Archery counselor was the most cake job because while regular counselors were running non-stop I had every 2nd or 3rd period off because archery wasn't nonstop and I'd lay in the grass and sleep or whatever. Which was coolio. Anyway, I did this for a couple summers. One day this bunk of kids shows up and one of the kids only has one arm. He was probably 9 or 10 years old. I remember looking at the one-armed kid at archey and felt bad. Obviously he couldn't shoot a bow because of the whole one arm thing. I imagined him sitting on the sidelines watching all the kids do a sport he'd never do. But the one-armed kid marches up to the line and says to me something like, 'Ok. Here's how this is gonna work. You stand behind me and hold the bow out toward the target. I'll pull the string back and tell you higher or lower.' So I held the bow and he pulled the string and held it. We shot the bow together. Turned out he was a good archer. He treated the one arm thing like a minor inconvenience totally.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?