<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 25, 2005

So, since I'm just a majorly lazy do-nothing these days, I'll post an inspirational story about J:

Monday J left for work at 6ish as usual, while I slept on. I was still sleeping about 9 when he came back. He was estatic-"I've been laid off!" I was worried his good cheer was masking some impending emotional crash since this is not the best market to find a job. But he'd been hating his job (no benefits, not enough $, rarely a raise and working among conservative christians who religiously harrass him all day long, etc). He sent out his resume to a few jobs and, holy shit batman, on Tuesday he had 4 interviews lined up, and by Tuesday afternoon he had accepted a new job that paid more, has medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, 2 weeks paid vacation, costco membership, berevement pay, and other sweet benefits, and best of all, he was assured at the interview that there would be no conservative christian politics shoved down his throat all day. And he's still getting calls from employers he sent his resume to. My man has skillz. Either that, or my resume writing skills work better in the machining industry than they do in the legal world
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?