<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Finally got out of the house last night. It's not exactly like I'm trapped here, but with J's work schedule, I'm not seeing him a whole lot, and when I do he's tired and all stay at home. This is ok, because I'm a homebody myself, but you got to get out sometime (and I don't mean for 'networking' either. That's not getting out, that's just plain not fun.)

Anyhow, we had great fun. Went to Smoking Glass on Hawthorn. It's sort of like being in an upscale restaurant-"Would sir like to see today's specials?" Very smooth and customer servicey. Lots of really expensive pieces that were more art than anything else. The pipe sommolier told me "Oh, well, yes, we do have the economy line, which ranges from $15 on up in that case there." Another gentleman went over to the economy case and started pulling out pieces for my perusal. One was nice, but had a very large hole. When we pointed this out, the guy said, "That is large! This shall move to the $15 shelf. First we better do a drop test." And he throws it on the floor. He found a more expensive pipe and told me he would give me a deal on it, and throw in a cushy carrying case, and since I liked it, he threw it on the floor, pronounced it good to go and away we went, full of joy. J gave me much shit about always getting free stuff wherever we go and otherwise making remarks showing he is jealous of my tits.

Then we got a slice of pizza and watched the freaks on Hawthorn. Afterwards, we stopped at J's friend's house for a visit. A local band (The Clementines) was practicing in the house, so we got some sweet free live music. Not a bad night at all.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?