<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 24, 2005

I had a bit of a breakdown this weekend. I'm starting to get used to them-they come and go. I think what brought this one on was thinking about how if I don't find work in the next few weeks, I'm going to have to sign up with a temp agency to do paralegal work, and that I've wasted a good chunk of my time and money getting myself a degree and passing the bar for no good reason, and could have taken a job right out of high school or even out of college and be at a comfortable salary level with comfortable benefits because at least then I'd be at the smarter end of the pool. And, of course, signing up with an agency won't do me a damn bit of good because there is already an experienced pool of paralegals in this town who were out working while I sweated through classes and the chances that I'll even get to work are slim to none. So then I'll be down at Fred Meyers (they are looking for holiday help) and I'll make a pouty face like "Woooo!" and be sad that I'm barely covering the gas to get out there and taking home a pittance that the student loan collectors will jump on and divide among themselves-if someone with more retail experience doesn't snap all the jobs away from me (My retail resume: sex shop-2002-2003, citgo-1999-2000. Not too impressive, but hey! I can run a register).

Anyway, I have to go put together mailings today. And I have 2 receptions this week-the local bar and OTLA. God I hate dressing inoffensively and trying to smoothly hand over my card.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?