<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 03, 2005

I've been getting spammed, so the comments now make you do a little dance before leaving your comments. Sorry, but I'm not dealing with daily offers to join the exciting world of internet dating.

I went down to Pioneer Square today to interview J for Storycorp. Storycorp is an oral history project. They have a permanent station somewhere in New York, and mobile stations that travel around the country. The mobil stations are airstream trailers that house super sweet recording equipment. The woman working the audio in the mobile unit told us she got on the project in Seattle and was traveling with it down to Vegas. Being unemployed has its advantages-we were told that the reservations for recording an interview filled completely an hour and a half after they opened, and there has only been one cancellation. I know I spent an hour on both internet and phone trying to get a spot for J. Anyhow, they record your interview and it goes to the library of Congress for a folk history thing and you get a CD of your interview.

J wanted to talk about his grandma and sister, both of whom recently passed away. It was real difficult-the interviews are 40 minutes long, and a lot of the things he wanted to talk about were kind of difficult for him to talk about. Anyhow, I feel like I sounded like a moron, but I guess it wasn't too bad. We haven't listened to the interview yet, but the audio lady asked if we would mind if she referred it to OPB. If they do air it, I hope they don't air anything that makes me sound like a dipshit.

In any case, it was a pretty cool experience. I feel pretty lucky that I managed to get a spot for J and glad that he got to talk about two people that mean so much to him.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?