<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Warning: some rare political content ahead.

The other night I saw John McCain on the news. I spaced out for a while and imagined what life would have been like if he had won the primary and then the election in 2000. I know, a bunch of baloney heads are saying "But he lost the primary which means he would have lost the election!" And I say, "baloney heads, you're fucking morons!" I remember that election vividly, even though I was having an election party and drinking it up. I was sitting with two liberal friends (and mind you, I too am a liberal, or as the neocons these days say, a big unpatriotic whiney dumbhead-na na na boo hoo hoo. Thanks for the incisive commentary. Anyhow, back to this sentence) talking about our choices. 2 lukewarm Gore votes and a Nader (No, I wasn't the Naderite. Yes, I did my patriotic duty this last year time around and called her to remind her not to pull the N lever). Anyhow, we were talking about the candidates and getting shit faced, as you do at election parties. And all three of us agreed that if John McCain had made it to the general election, we would have all voted for him. Because even though we knew that we didn't agree on everything, we all felt that we could trust him to do what was right for our country, and that he was a reasonable man. Where the hell are all those reasonable men?

Sigh.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?