<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 07, 2005

Ho ho ho-it's been cold as fuck here. Our weekend project was stapling plastic over all the windows and putting a weatherstrip over the door. Now our house is marginally warmer-big turn of the century barn that it is. We knew when we rented it that the size and age of the house (which we liked) was also going to mean that heat in the winter was going to be an issue. So, it's not like this is an unexpected turn of events.

The cold has provided positive motivation, in the form of getting us the damn hell out of the house and over to see others in social situations. Because other people have normal sized houses that are cozy and warm. And sometimes they feed you too.

Pathetic pity food is way better than pity sex.
Comments:
I hear you on the cold thing. My work area is in the upstairs loft, which sounds like it ought to be warm, except we keep all of the heating ducts upstairs closed because otherwise the rooms are stifling. That leaves me freezing, and the only way I can warm up is to wrap up in a pashmina and turn on the downstairs fireplace -- because eventually the heat makes its way to me. I need to dig out my wool socks. Ugh.
 
Thanks for the comment on my blog - much appreciated advice and it made me feel a bit better.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?