<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 14, 2005

One mystery has been half solved:

Shortly after we moved into this house, I lost my ATM card. Now this wasn't a garden variety "Where the fuck did I leave that bitch" type of deal-I knew I left it on the arm of a chair in the library. I know this because I set it there and thought, "You know, I should really put this away before it gets lost. I'll just grab it after I check my email." Well, of course I go check my email and it slips my mind and next time I think about it, the damn thing is nowhere to be found. So, I spend the next few weeks looking for it-I mean, the library is a pretty small area, and I knew it must be somewhere in there. Nothing. I scan bookshelves, dump drawers out, turn over chairs and feel out cushions. Still nothing. So, finally I break down and ask for a new ATM card and move on with my life.

Yesterday I needed to block an open door, so I grabbed a side table from the library, turned it over and there, stuck to the bottom of the table under one of the leg supports was my missing ATM card. How the fuck do you suppose it got there?
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?