<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

So, I recently received a note from Multnomah County to the effect that I never paid my 2004 county tax. I can't remember either filing or not filing. What I do know is that by simply looking at the form, I owe them no tax. I was in Multnomah County for about 4 months in 2004. During all of 2004, my income did not exceed $5000. Subtract the personal allowance, do some math with the number of months I was in the county and do a little tap dance and voila, no tax due. Well, of course, my word isn't good enough for the county, so I need to call my work places and have them go back through records, get my W2s (lost somewhere in the move), send them out to me, find my lease from West Linn (also lost somewhere) and a copy of my lease from when I moved to Multnomah County and send all of these in with the tax form. There someone will look them over, and probably harass me some more in the hopes of squeezing some cash from this turnip. Good fucking luck.

You would think they wouldn't waste their time going after someone who is unemployed and was underemployed throughout 2004. I can't imagine how much taxpayer money this is wasting. Good luck, Portland schools. You're gonna need it.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?