<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Yesterday when I took the dogs for a walk in the pouring rain again, I noticed that my entire street was flooded up over the sidewalk. I waded out to the street where I thought the grate was and got my arm wet past the elbow searching for it. Needing backup, I went back home, grabbed a rake and spent a half-hour removing leaves. It was actually pretty satisfying-a couple of whirlpools formed over the grate and there was this huge "SSSSSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLLlAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG!" and the lake covering my corner started to disappear into Portland's underground.

A neighbor came out and told me she usually takes care of the grate, but it was already under deep water and she was dressed for work. Since I was wearing J's sweaty pants and the flannel that was Juded when I left some treats in the pockets, my outerwear was not a big concern.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?