<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 19, 2005

An attractive nuisance is something that is dangerous and attracts children to play or investigate. I guess you could say Pennywise the Clown in Stephen King's It was a personification of an attractive nuisance. Also, Michael Jackson. Anyhow, back to the point-yesterday when it snowed, I discovered I had a big ice covered Michael Jackson on my hands. You see, my driveway is the steepest hill for miles around, so I had 3 kids body sledding down my driveway into the middle of the street. I felt like such a killjoy making J bounce them off our property, but I sure won't make any progress on my loans if I have to pay some negligent parent for their stupid child after said child does a header into the retaining wall or is run over by a car.

One of the most irritating things about snow in Portland (besides the way they ignore it until it goes away, leaving roads slushy, icy and dangerous) is that people seem to forget that cars still use the roads when they are bad. Cars driven by people who only drive in the snow once or twice a year. Cars that stop slowly, skidding and fishtailing all over the road. Last night as I ran my errands (cursing all the way, ho ho ho), I saw idiots skiing, playing and sledding in the middle of the fucking road. The stupidity level is just astounding.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?