<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 15, 2005

The other day I was watching the news about some bum or other who has been dicking around (this is one of those legal terms of art that you learn in law school) while in office, and the reporter said that he could be tossed in jail "for up to 10 years" in a voice filled with awe and wonderment. I was not filled with awe and wonderment, unless you count wondering whether the reporter's head was filled with shit. As far as I'm concerned, a jail term of "up to 10 years" is nowhere near enough time in jail for anyone (whether it's those corrupt liberal Canadians who are making us Lefties in the states look bad, or those bastard Republicans who are so crooked they have to screw their pants on in the morning)who has abused the power of their office. As far as I'm concerned, abuse of office by police officers, judges, senators or presidents is treason. Last I checked, the maximum penalty for treason was death. Now, I don't favor the death penalty, and I don't think we should start swinging our axes yet, but I do think that 10 years is a pretty paltry maximum sentence considering the blatent fuckery some of these people are up to. (Up to which some of these people are? Damn you grammer nazi!)
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?