<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, December 23, 2005

Yesterday was not the day to drive to Salem. The rain was blowing around I5, and the morning was grey, so about all I could see as I hurled through the cosmos was the taillights of the vehicles around me and the reflectors on the road stripes. But I made it there ok and on time, found a parking spot (joy!) and watched the mornings arguments.

Argument was held in the Supreme Courtroom. The room was full of graceful columns, and curved up to the stained glass ceiling. It was a truly beautiful room, and the accousitcs were good despite the mumbling attorneys. Neither of the cases on the docket were argued in an especially striking way. I did notice that most of the attorneys' hands were shaking as they made their argument (everyone except a grizzeled old war horse who had been through a campaign or two).

I then bopped around Salem while the judge I was meeting did Judgely things, came back, met with her, chatted about this and that and pumped her for information, such as "what are you looking for in a clerk?" and "why don't you hire me as your clerk?" She is looking for September, and has strongly suggested I put in an application as a floater (temporary) clerk down at the trial court. She has also asked me to keep in touch, so I guess I didn't come off as a scuzzy troll or anything like that, although she is such a slight woman that I felt as big as a tank as I towered over her.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?