<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, January 14, 2006

More mysteries from mystery house theater. This morning J got up to let Jude out for a potty. I was lying lazily in bed with my eyes closed hoping J would also let Jude back in. I heard him let Jude out, and then heard him in the bathroom. Shortly afterward, Jude wandered into the bedroom. I figured J must have let him out, let him in and then gone to the bathroom, but when J came back into the bedroom, he said, "Oh, you let Jude in. I would have done that." Well, no, I didn't let Jude in at all. So we figured Houseguest must have heard Jude bark (since his room is next to the backyard)and let him in, but Houseguest denies letting Jude in. He says he heard J let Jude out and then went back to sleep. J says he did not hallucinate letting Jude out. HG and I heard him do it. We checked the backdoor, and it was closed and locked. So who let Jude in?

J doesn't understand why I don't just drop it. He won't speculate on what happened. He said, "You think this place is haunted, don't you." When I responded that there was some unexplained things going on, such as:

1) The ATM card that disappeared from the arm of a library chair that was found months later lodged where the leg of the libary table connects to the bottom of the table top.

2) The oven incident where we were cooking dinner, and when we went to check on it, the oven was turned off and dinner was half done.

3) Other slightly mysterious, but possibly explainable stuff like the way things go missing and reappear in weird places (although we are a couple of stoners and this is a big fucken house).

He said I was creeping him out and he didn't want to think about it. I tried to comfort him by telling him that the doors upstairs don't open and close themselves anymore like they did for a while when we first moved in, but he did not feel comforted (I don't think he believed me completely when I told him about the door phenomenon, and to be honest, I think it was possible they were just not quite structurally sound. This is a very old house).

Ach, it's not like anything big and bad or even completely weird has happened-pretty mundane all and all. Just odd and mysterious. I'm going to stay neutral on an explanation, although I'm pretty puzzled over the Jude thing. I really don't like the idea of Jude letting himself in, taking off his leash and locking the door behind him.
Comments:
You should call that Sci Fi show "Ghost Hunters" to do your house. It would at least kill an afternoon.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?