<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 06, 2006

One of the things I love about research is the little tidbits you find here and there throughout cases. For example, I found a case from the 1950s that talks about the reluctance of plaintiffs to pursue claims-I don't think you'd find anyone today saying anything of the sort, what with all the bitching you see about how all lawsuits are frivolous and god forbid we hold the corporations or insurance companies or negligent piecies of shit responsible for their actions. Ahem. Do people realize that we all end up paying when innocent victims are not compensated? Anyhow. I wondered if times had changed since the 1950s or if our view of plaintiffs has changed through how the media portray tort suits.

And it's always nice to see the snarky judges lay down-i.e. a dissent signed not with the normal, "I respectfully dissent" or even the implied snark, "I dissent" but with the much snarkier "I somewhat respectfully dissent."
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?