<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 27, 2006

I had a dream last night that I was an Okie lawyer, traveling to southern Texas with a cardboard suitcase, looking for a freaking job.

I kept hearing GWB, and others, talking about how the economy is picking up. Frankly, I've waded in so much bullshit that I don't even notice when I dismiss statements like these out of hand, however the much maligned NPR set me straight. The economy actually is getting better. It's just that only the top 1/3 of Americans are reaping the benefits. For the bottom 2/3 of the country (i.e., me, of broke-ass mountain), things are bad and getting worse. Thanks for the clarification, NPR.
Comments:
Don't have any more dreams about being an Okie anything. Okies are the sworn enemy of native Texans.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?