<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 11, 2006

It is really helping my anxiety levels to be taking care of some of the enormous debts I have. I've spoken to two out of three of my student loan processors (or whatever the hell politispeak name those things go by these days), paid my 4 month overdue phone bill, dealt with an overdrawn account, dealt with an account with fraudulent charges on it and dealt with one of my credit cards (closed now and in payoff only mode, sigh). While it would be nice to have some money after paying bills and gas, I guess I'm able to hold the fort with what I've got. It's been a really scary period, but I'm comming out the other end.

I feel slightly guilty browsing and applying for legal jobs. When my friend K hired me, he talked about how having me stay on for at least a period of 6 months would be desireable, but he didn't want me to feel like I had to sacrifice my well being for his sake. I told him that I couldn't promise not to leave if a real job came along. It's sort of an uneasy situation, though, because I've taken on so much responsibility at this job, and we're about to enter a critical transition period. We have to move to a new office and are planning on taking at least a month off to reorganize and get things under control.

I've only applied to the few jobs that really interested me. Right now, a dream job doing criminal defense on the appellate level is open (fingers crossed) and I have a possible clerkship in the works, as well. Both have start dates a few months in the future, so I would be available to help K through most of the transition, but it just makes me feel a bit sneaky. I don't really want to mention anything yet, though, because who the frig knows if I'll even get an interview. First things first.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?