<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 25, 2006

The tense negotiations are over, and boy am I glad. The PMS has been adding fuel to the whole house fiasco, so while I've been running around doing this and that, I've also been dealing with serious back pain, crampiness and mood swings. After the ordeal, I took a flexerol to knock raging red off her horse, and immediately passed out (on our bed in the livingroom, of course).

The best of the news is that there isn't any sheetrock or insulation in the wall that took the dunking, so drying the walls out shouldn't be a huge problem (have I mentioned that its an old house?). The attic space is going to be a bitch, but the landlord will be back over today to clear out the junk and put down fans. I told him I'd pull down the ceilings in the bedrooms (I've hated those ugly ceilings since we moved in) and when they're dry enough, he'll put ceilings back up. We worked out a reasonable rent credit for loss of habitability and clean up efforts, and agreed to spread it over 2 months, so his financial hit won't be too hard.

I really tried pushing him to report this incident to his insurance company and let them work it out with the weasely contractor's insurance, but it was a no go, as I sort of suspected, since the weasel is one of his "friends." I wonder what his wife makes of all that, but that's not my business. I guess it's his money, and his investment, so it's his call. I also wanted someone competant to finish the roof, but both J and the landlord were against me on that one (J doesn't want to change roofers in midstream, and for Bruce, they're doing free work at this point), so I let it go.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?