<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Today, I discovered the incompetant roof boobs were behind my lack of internet. When they saw the cable line running into the house, they went ahead and cut it. Comcast reduced the bill (I think they felt sorry for me), but it's not like I'm going to pay it.

When the roof boobs were told that the rain had destroyed the back half of my house, they came over, threw a tarp over the whole thing and left. They didn't even suck up the water with a shop vac.

My friend K lent us some towels and a shop vac, so I sucked up as much water and plaster as I could, and we set up our fan in the bedroom, but this morning it was raining in our kitchen again. I just threw down the towels, yanked the electric (of course, we just dropped $150 on food this last weekend-hopefully all of it won't spoil), called the landlord, and left for work. I still don't think he understands the extent of the damage, but he's supposed to come over tommorrow.

Our bedroom ceiling continued to fall in yesterday-as we worked you could hear the rip, thud of falling plaster. The ceiling in the back bedroom is also falling in, and the wall is bubbling out. J thinks its time to go to a motel, but I'm reluctant because it seems like more of a pain in the ass than staying put.

All sorts of thoughts are running through my head. We can't afford to move right now. We can't stay anywhere with two big dogs and a cat. What the fuck is our landlord going to do? What are we going to do? I just feel like putting my head down and crying. In fact, that's what I'm going to do right now.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?