<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

We went out for some drinks, Thai food and pool last night, just to get out of our awful house. It seems like things have gone downhill fast. The roofers were taking an extrodinarily long time, that's fine, that's what contractor's do. They fucked up and the roof leaked in, well, ok, these things happen and we didn't lose a lot of stuff. Then they threw a tarp over the mess and ran, didn't bother with clean up, did a cursory inspection and called it fine when we reported that the roof was still leaking under the tarp, and the house has just sat, wet, molding and smelly since then.

The landlord wants to come over tonight and talk compensation. That's fine, so far as it goes. I know the law, I know the options available to me, but I have a good relationship with this guy, I like him and I don't think he's going to try and fuck us, so really that is besides the point. From talking with him, it sounds like this slimy contractor fuck (a drinking buddy of his-he's the one who hired the tweakers who painted our house-they were fast, but not very accurate) is trying to tell him he can just put the roof back on the house and it would dry out on its own.

Now, I'm not a contractor, but this sounds stupid as fuck (kinda like cutting someone's internet line). I think the majority of tonight's little talkaroo is going to focus on persuading him to have a home inspector or someone of the sort take a look at the damage and explain to him what needs to be done. I know the contractor is his drinking buddy, but he has insurance for just this very reason, and I don't want my landlord to lose his investment to mold and rot.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?