<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I love free stuff. J is always chuckling over some great find I made in some neighbor's garbage pile or on craiglist. When people visit my house, I do a lot of "Yeah, that's great! It was free!" Very classy.

My favorite spot to score free stuff is this house down the street that always has a couple of plants or flowers sitting out on a free sign. I think when the homeowner prunes back her giant garden, she sticks what she's getting rid of in a little container and puts it out. Anyhow, my porch is covered in lovely lamb ears, minature roses and other colorful plantlings that I've dragged home from there.

I usually go by when I'm walking the dogs in the morning, so arm space is limited. Also, I feel a bit silly walking down the street with the two dogs (and usually a bag of poop to boot) in one hand and a plant in the other. It looks like I either decided to take my plants for a walk, or like I am ripping off people's gardens while I'm out and about. So, I smile big and say to everyone I meet, "It's free!"
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?