<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

It's always something. This morning I was feeling pretty good. I had a check from the Oregon Department of Revenue for $24. This was handy, since we're out of money and J needs gas for work. I drove off to work, happy the gas situation had been resolved. Then I was pulled over (in the middle of the construction on MLK during rush hour-way to keep Portland safe!) for having a brake light out. Then my car was towed because I can't afford insurance. They left with my keys, so when I made it back to my house, I had to break in. It was of some importance that I do this breaking quickly, because on my way home, I noticed that my dog was on the roof, just standing there, sniffing the breeze. I don't have any money to get insurance and get my car out of impound. I have a job interview Monday in Salem.

Things were starting to look good. I have two job interviews on my plate-both good jobs. I was thinking about how I could get off foodstamps, pay insurance for J and I, pay my bills, pitch in fully towards rent and maybe even manage to pay down some debt and put some money aside. But now here I am again scrambling. In the hole. Carless. Cashless. Keyless. I'm so tired of being a moving target in the war against poor people.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?