<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 05, 2006

My interview Friday was the worst kind-the dreaded three woman friends interview. They either like you or they don't in that situation, and to my plesant surprise, they seemed to like me. I tap danced like the trained bear I am, and had them in stiches. They were impressed by my case that I wrote a brief in support of review for being in front of the Supreme Court (the judge's current clerk actually knew the case), and they liked my human services background. On the other hand, she had my transcript, and that's not all that impressive at all, so maybe it will balance out. I'm not so sure they are so taken with me that they'll hire me, but I haven't discounted it either. The judge said she'll let me know by the end of the month, since she's still getting resumes in, but if I got an offer in the meantime and was still interested in working for her, to give her a call and see where she is. I hope that is code for "I may want to hire you."

I did forget to tell them about the wedding in September-I need three days off for it, and am terribly afraid it could cost me this potential job. I've just got to screw myself up and let them know about it and let the chips fall where they may. I am really feeling the need to get some real money flowing here tho-I want to get my bills (and credit) back on track and start a (gasp!) savings account, but I'm not missing this damn hell wedding.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?