<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I've been having bike problems, which, while not being as bad as car problems, are not so good either. The problem is my damn shifter. It's been doing this thing where I shift to go up a hill, and then halfway up the hill, chunk, it shifts into low gear, stopping all forward momentum. This wouldn't be quite so bad, except my whole ride home is uphill, so all the way home it's shift, clunk, shift, clunk.

Yesterday added a whole new dimension to shift, clunk. I was headed up my first hill, and shifted into high gear. There was an awful spronging sound, and the bike shifted into low. I looked down and noticed the cable running from the shifter to the gear was pulled out and loose looking. Uh oh. So, I had to walk the damn thing most of the way home, getting on to ride the flat areas and smaller hills with strenuous peddling all the way.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?