<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Preparations for the great and terrible move continue, with the low worry of money hanging in the background. Last night was my last night at St. Andrews Legal Clinic and I said my goodbys, and ate chinese food and thought about how much I've learned (I don't know most of the answers, but I at least know some of the questions now).

We've made arrangements to wrap up the house, but have yet to talk to the landlord. Since J needs to stay for a while, we decided the best way to handle things was to find someone who wanted to rent the house, and stay on as a roomate. We figured he could trade free rent for our security deposit and get off the lease when we were all moved out. That way, everyone wins-the landlord doesn't have to rerent the house and deal with the deposit, the newbies wouldn't have to put down a shit load of money at the outset, and we would save money and time. Crazily, it worked out perfectly-J has some friends who are living in an apartment with their new baby and a roomate. Apparently, the same day I was interviewing in Newport, they were talking about the need to find a house, and decided they could spend as much as $900 a month, exactly what we pay now. Yesterday when they came over, they immediately fell in love with our big old place (it's hard not to-it is a beautiful old house), although it could be that the thought of all that space intoxicated them.

I'm still trying to nail down how much money I get for moving expenses, and I'm feeling worried. I need to talk to another guy and figure out what the deal is. I have a line on a house just outside of Yachats (!), but move in costs are around $2000 and I don't know how I could raise that much money. I can borrow about $1000 from my mom, but we're flat ass broke, have no credit, no savings and own nothing that we could possibly sell/hawk/burn for the insurance money.

Something will just have to work out, I guess. I'm flying by the seat of my pants on this one, but it's nice to have less dire problems occupying my thoughts these days.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?