<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

So, as you may have assumed from my protracted blog silence, I've been busy as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. Still no internet out at our little mountain hideaway either. Also no tv (no channels come in), though I did break down and buy an answering machine, since J is job looking. I'm glad to be working, and to be honest, though financially it's been rough, I'm glad J had some time unemployed. It makes me feel better that I can spend some time supporting him, after the horrible year he's supported me. And I think he needed some time off.

I'm starting to feel a bit more like a lawyer these days, although it feels strange to sign my name, Attorney at Law. Mostly I'm able to leave work at work, which is nice, though there are some cases that keep me tossing and turning at night, hoping I didn't screw something up too badly. The schedule is not demanding, and I've been able to pretty well keep my hours reasonable (and not just "lawyer reasonable" but really real world reasonable). The office is very low key and relaxed. I don't even have to wear a suit on non court days, although I keep a jacket at the office for emergency hearings.
Comments:
Welcome back!!! It has been too long. I am glad it is well with you and J! Keep up the good work.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?