<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

It's a beautiful day out here on the left coast. I took a trip up to the res (courtesy of work, of course) and came back the scenic route along the bayfront, Spearhead playing at max volume. I've been doing a lot of recreational driving, which I know is bad, is very bad, and polluty and probably is partly the reason I am so damn broke. But it sure is nice to float down the back roads, exploring the rolling hills and farms and mountains out here. I think about Ken Keesey a lot while I'm rambling around the backroads, especially down around Lane County.

I wasn't real sure about moving back to the Boonies when we made the move, but I really like the pace of life out here, and the way the sun shines on the mountain and the mist and rainbows and all that Bobby Burns stuff. It's different than living in Rhinelander, much more rural and comfortable. I miss my internet, but am glad not to have the tv.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?