<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Yea-I'm blogging from my laptop. My poor laptop was out of commission for about a year without a cord. With no internet, there wasn't much point in getting the cord. But today I'm blogging from Portland and the sweet internet is flowing like butter.



It's been a hard month of ups and downs-lots of downs. October is usually my favorite month and the mountains are full of smokey crisp blazing glory-cool snappy mornings and warm brandy afternoons. But this month I've been sickly and worried. Our bank account has bottomed out. What to do?



But J is working again this last week, and although the wages are shit, it sounds like he will be getting a raise soon, and we don't really need lots of money, just some time where we both have a job, goddammit.



We had J's grand-nephew out at the mountain last weekend. We picked him up in Eugene and took him rambling on the coast. He was a blur of swinging arms and legs and sand and waves. All in all, a beautiful day at the beach.



Yesterday was J's birthday. Thanks to some help from my mom, I was able to take him to Portland Center Stage for Cabaret. It was a great show, lots of fun and nearly nekkid folks running around for our pleasure.

Shit. Just as I was finishing this post, my screen went black. Computer would not come on as long as the power cord was plugged in. It would come on if cord was unplugged, but it went black almost as soon as it came on. Before shutting down, I was able to confirm that the battery is low. What the fuck?
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?