<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 03, 2007

Well, I made it to Wisconsin. A friend who was heading up to Portland kindly gave me a ride up to my Friday meeting. On Saturday, I took a cab out to the airport. The cabbie, a rockabilly kid with a fedora, told me that I was flying out just ahead of the storm-SuperSweet! I landed in Minneapolis to make my connection to Milwaukee. We got on our plane. The captain assured us that we'd be taking off, though running late for de-icing. We de-iced. We got in line on the runway. Then he told us, "Folks, I got some bad news."

So, I answered the burning question, "Who the fuck takes their vacation in Wisconsin in December during the first major snowstorm of the year?" But luckily, I have family just over the boarder from Minneapolis, so I was able to take a shuttle over by them, have a shower, fresh clothes, food, weed, sleep in a bed and generally freshen up overnight before flying on to Milwaukee the next morning.

The point of my whole unplanned winter vacation was to visit my great-grandma. Nana hasn't been doing too well, and I wanted to make sure I got at least one last visit. Plus she's just been taken out of her home of many years to get assessed and see what she needs are and she hasn't been happy about it. I was given a huge blessing-she was in fine form and we had a great time visiting and talking. I hope this isn't the last peak before the big decline, but a permanent improvement. Only time will tell.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?